Thursday, May 26, 2022

Rock Star Leaders And The Farewell Tour

As an international management consultant for over 30 years, I've been fortunate to see and work with all types of businesses. I've witnessed first hand the good, the bad and the ugly. I've also worked with various levels of managers and a few leaders. As I've often told people "being a boss does not make you a leader". Many believe holding "the title" causes them to think they're leaders. But look closely at their organizations and it quickly reveals the truth. As the Leader goes, so goes the organization." 

At 75 years old I've begun what I call my "farewell tour". I'm not retired but rather redirected in my purpose and focus for the remaining years I have left on this earth. Because of my status change, many of the people and places I've enjoyed in the past will not come around again for me to interact with. So, I want to see, one more time, those organizations and Rock Star Leaders who have played an important part in my life and have enriched me professionally and personally. 

One such leader is R.L. Goodall, CEO and Chairman of Dixon Valve Inc. RL is the 3rd generation Goodall to lead this organization. Under his leadership Dixon has prospered in numerous ways e.g. sustained profitability, market growth in every sector of the business. Dixon has been active and lead in city/state/national involvement and support. They've been extremely generous in the community and with their employees through their philanthropy and strategic programs for growth.  

R.L. is a visionary, humble servant, listener, committed to what is right, fair, ethical and stands strong on the importance of values. 

 He was once a client, but now is my friend. He made me a better consultant and allowed me freedom to do my job and express my opinions. We did not always agree but we learned together. Through a sometimes painful organizational change process, we understood the importance of belief and trust in each other. We talked about business, life, people, politics, sports and the importance of God and His direction in our lives. He has the wonderful ability of surrounding himself with a dynamic team, and is quick to give them and others credit for good things that happen in Dixon. 

Many on his team were part of my farewell tour..Too many to name, but they know who they are and the special place they have in my heart and my gratitude for the years we've worked together.
Bob Grace-Mary Price- RL Goodall
I urge you to go to their website to see more about this organization and to see for yourself of these "rockstar leaders''. 

As for me, I continue on the tour possibly sharing with you more of my thoughts along the way..I continue to.........Press on and Finish Well

No comments:

Post a Comment